*fast, easy breakfast sandwiches, pineapple
* stuffed taco shells, fruit, corn
*pollo asada, beans ,tortillas, fruit
*skillet summer vegetable lasagna, green salad
what are you having this week?
vacation/holiday detox style-
+ britts fish tacos, watermelon, homemade salsa and chips
+ grilled steak and veggie kabobs, summer corn salad
+ homemade pizza, fruit, green salad
+ grilled chicken and berry salad ( ala wendys style!), grilled sourdough bread
+ grilled cheese, blt's or breakfast for dinner
and some recipes that are looking good for next week!
mediterranean spring bowls
what is on your menu for the week?
anyone feeling the post holiday bloat?
for your viewing pleasure.
top- napoleon dynamite cartoon. my boys think it looks hilarious
middle- a new tv show with zoey! she is the cutest ever
bottom- apparently this reminds my husband of my dance moves. he says i even make the same faces. this may or may not be spot on.
Posted by the mama monster at Thursday, May 19, 2011
i have already done the workout before but i plan on actually doing the whole four week plan. i am headed to California in 4 weeks so i thought this would give me some extra motivation. it is a great dvd. the 3 minutes strength 2 minutes cardio 1 minute abs is my favorite jillian exercise plan.
hopefully i can keep my computer on long enough to post menu monday. it's a good one this week. i find that when i actually make a plan and post it online i am much better at sticking to it. wonder why that is...
i love sriracha. i mean love. as in i plan my meals around what would be tasty with the red gold on top. i love it on mac and cheese, ( anything cheesy really), any asian-y type food, anything with eggs, anything meaty. yum.
this looks mighty tasty. i am obsessed with eggs right now. i really really love capers too. i make egg salad sammies with capers, kalamata olives and red onion. try it sometime.
15 lbs lost on body for life! i am winding down the challenge ( 3 weeks left) i have really enjoyed it but an ready to try something else. i am signed up for 2 5k's and a 10 k this summer. i want to do a half marathon and am thinking of the top of utah. has anyone done it?
why the hell is there no trader joes in utah? i stocked up in vegas a few weeks ago and my supply is running low. thanks to my friend whit i was introduced to the most amazing thing ever. unsweetened, unsulfered dried mangoes. they are the perfect treat.so good that i may or may not be thinking of buying some from ebay... and thanks to krista i learned about dark chocolate covered pretzel thins.amazing! the sweet/salty combo is perfect. ginnie introduced me to the freeze dried snap peas a little to late. i tried them after we left the store and was wishing i bought a bag the whole car ride. good thing i am headed to cali in june to restock. my great grandma has 3 trader joes in her neighborhood!
speaking of vegas... it was so much fun. my mom and husband watched the kids while i headed out for three nights o fun with my girls. we all grew up together and have kept in contact throughout the years. we had tons of fun laying out, running, eating, chatting, swimming, dancing, stalking celebs ( well brandon flowers and the polygs from sister wives) shopping, sleeping on a giant unibed, people watching... i sure do love these friends. ( ps. aren't they cute?)
*sopitas de tortillas + green smoothies + trader joes peppered turkey bacon
*penne with roasted asparagus and balsamic vinegar + breadsticks + green salad
*kung pao ramen noodles + asian slaw salad salad
*chicken paella + green salad
*grandma batemans easter wienie roast! bringing a salad
what are you having this week?
Posted by the mama monster at Monday, April 18, 2011
* philly cheese fakes, strawberries. steamed veggies
* steak, oven french fries, broccoli, canned peaches
* taco bar with all the fixings, smoothies
* breakfast for dinner, roasted asparagus with egg, bacon, bagels
* cheesy noodle casserole ( aka noodley doodley), green salad, asparagus, garlic bread
* date night?
* leftovers or sandwiches
last week our church had a self reliance workshop. i went to 2 classes. one on finances and one on the importance of family dinners. my kids are young enough that we don't have much going on yet and are able to have family dinner most nights. i really enjoyed the class and it gave me some good ideas. i will share them with you tomorrow. i'm getting pretty tired. watching biggest loser will do that to you ;)
Posted by the mama monster at Tuesday, March 29, 2011
my in-laws have the tasty apples on the planet but these are a close second. the apple was so crisp and juicy + shares a name with our basketball team ( what is up with kirelinkos hair?!).
you better believe that come free day i will be making the best apple dumplings ever. just thought i would spread the word on this tasty treat.
* lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberries, bacon, smoothies
* shanghi chicken and noodles, green smoothie
* grilled taco chicken, ( made into tacos with corn tortillas) strawberries, leftover black beans
* steak, grilled potatoes and onions, roasted asparagus
* st pattys day dinner made by granny. you know the usual stuff...
do you guys eat leftovers alot? i'm not a huge fan. i will eat things the first day, then i don't care for them much after that. except for stew, pot roast, chili and fried rice. i need to be better about using them up. my husband takes them for lunch most the time but i still feel like some things get wasted.
what are you making this week?
do you eat leftovers?
ps. click on the link for the menu above for a printable menu from eighteen25
* i am completely obsessed/smitten with this bedroom. lacy painted floor, chicken wire wall and vintage linens, floral too? yes please! i love everything ashley does with her house. she is so creative!
* do you guys remember making butter in grade school? we used to shake cream in a mason jar and watch it turn to cream. this looks even faster/easier, although maybe not as fun for kids to do. i'm thinking homemade bread and butter + apricot and raspberry freezer jam is in order this weekend!
* i love love love these lightweight boy hoodies at i am momma hear me roar
* week one of the ripped in 30 almost done! i am loving it. under 30 minutes, weight+ cardio. i previewed week 2 yesterday and it there are alot of moves i have never seen before. i am excited to try it.
* look how pretty my friend krista's rosette cuffs are! i have a green one and love it but the pink is calling my name.
*finally good enough weather to go to the zoo! i've got the fever for sure.
*i made some homemade coconut butter this week. it is unbelievable on pancakes. it was fast, cheap and easy.
* a new sunflower market is opening up in salt lake. i'm hoping to make it to the grand opening and score some free things.
* the prettiest crocheted pillows i have ever seen.
* how pretty is this image? wish i could find some pretty old wood that looked like that!
* what a great idea for keeping organized in the car.
*where is a girls scout when you need one? i love samoas so much i might just try to make some if i don't see one soon.
* roasted maple cinnamon almond butter! i am all over it.
what caught your eye this week?
+ thai peanut noodle lettuce wraps, mango.( i didn't get around to making this last week and i am dying to try them!)
+ pioneer womans chili recipe ( from book), cornbread, green salad
+ walking tacos with leftover chili, fruit salad
+ roasted asparagus and lemon chicken pizza, salad, garlic bread
+ red beans and rice, asparagus, fruit
+ leftovers or breakfast for dinner
+ date night??
other things i'm making this week-
making this for fhe for sure!
my favorite ( and easy!) homemade wheat bread. it really does taste like expensive store bought bread. it is chewy and soft. i make 2 loaves a week
homemade buttermilk dressing for my ranch loving kids.
homemade hot pockets for lunches ( add some salad supreme and they are amazing!
this french bread recipe is looking good for the garlic bread i am making this week.
Posted by the mama monster at Monday, March 07, 2011
* the best ever jammies are at costco! and they are only $12 too. all three of my boys came home from the hospital wearing hannah anderson sleepers and pilot caps. they are the cuteset thing ever.
*this shirt refashion. this girl has major skills. one of my goals this year was to make myself more clothes.i haven't made any yet, but this blog is inspiring me to do so. and asap!
* i will be making this for sure this weekend. i have a vision in mind. hopefully they turn out how i want!
* my cabinets are done! i have to share my review of the product i used with you guys next week. let me just say- no priming,sanding,stripping and it looks fab! it saved me hours of prep time, and it is really easy.
*remember how i ordered some delish peanut butter from spread? we ate it in 2 days and were literally scraping every bit out of the jar. well i made a copycat jar up to celebrate national peanut butter lovers day last week. it is pretty near perfect but still needs some minor tweaking. can't wait to play around with it this weekend and give you the recipe! oh and looky here... the best peanut butter ever in cookie form! and check out the s'more cookies. i loooooooove s'mores and i am sure i would love this cookie too!
* i am loving all the cute furniture at urban outfitters
*looking forward to this new jillian dvd! and using my new body fat tester.
*taking my boys to the dollar theater to see tangled and maybe tron.
* i love tif and her granny chic style.i like to think of myself as a lover of granny chic, but this has to be the top of the top. she is so fabulous and creative i can't even stand it!
* i love boys too! i need to make some of the awesome things they have shared this year.
* did a new treadmill workout today that kicked my butt. i am not a fast runner. even though i run often. i do alot of HITT routines so it was fun trying something new. my times were... m1 (8:44) m2 (8:48) m3 (8:22) i was a tiny bit bummed that mile 2, was 4 seconds longer than one.
* loving these shoes, or these, and these ones too. which ones should i get with my christmas giftcard to UO?
* going to chipotle. buy one get one free coupon here. my fav is the barbacoa burrito bowl with lots of veggies, black beans and all three salsas. what is your favorite?
* finally painting my kitchen cabinets this weekend! i'll let you know how it turned out.
* got a flat screen tv finally too! i just need to find a place to hang it or a table to put it on. i am loving this one from rc willey. and it is clearance, even better.
have a fun weekend!
i needed to hear this today, yesterday, this whole month. having a bit of the winter blues and can't drag myself out of it. i'm hoping that making some pretty things for my house and thrifting will help.
Posted by the mama monster at Thursday, February 03, 2011
i never really get into valentines decorating besides a few paper hearts my kids cut out. i really, really love this garland though.
also remember how i love almond butter? well i tried making my own and it didn't quite work out right. well check this out. chocolate almond butter? yes please! i need to get over to winco for some extra dark chocolate chips and almonds asap!
i love this idea seen here on erica's bloggity blog. i have a collage wallhanging above my couch. this awesome display is making me want to reorganize the whole thing around these wall letters from pottery barn teen. fun huh?!
i really am a terrible blogger. no mention of christmas at all, no photos of handmade gifts ( i made lots and i was to tired to take pictures...lame!) no year end review or new years resolutions, blah blah... but i do love sharing a good deal. here are some fab jamba juice coupons for you to print out. you are welcome. via here.