9.22.2009

33 cent nylon headbands

nylon baby headbands- a quick sloppy how to:
i had no idea to make these and couldn't find very much info on the interwebnet. i knew i wanted thinner fabric then the knee highs i had seen ( and they were too wide anyhow) so i bought these nylon knee highs from walmart, in the gumball container for 33 cents.
they were pretty wrinkled so i ironed them on low heat.
then i folded them in half.
these ones are for a newborn baby so i sewed them about 6 inches from the fold. then i trimmed the fabric about 1/4 inch away from seam and flipped it right side out.
add your flowers and your done. sorry no action pictures my boys would not oblige. there you go 2 minute headbands... and at two for 33 cents, you too can make buttloads!maybe you all know how to do this but seeing as how i have 3 little boys and haven't been able to find the info i needed i thought it might come in handy for someone.

10 comments:

Erin said...

i love that you used knee highs. awesome!

Candi said...

So cute! I need a little girl!

Kem said...

So dang cute. your friend will love them...

krista said...

these are TOO cute! if i have a girl, i will definitely be making some.

also.....i'm coming down for the next 10 days so if you're nearby let me know and we can get together!

megitys said...

So cute. Your flower is actually the bestest part of the whole thing.

Mandy @ mintnclandycreate said...

I didn't know this trick yet & I'm super excited you shared it with me! Thanks!!

I have one little guy & I'm expecting a girl soon, so this will come in handy very soon!

Thanks again!
http://snowdaze.blogspot.com/

Little Lovables said...

so cute! I have 2 boys as well, and no girls, oh I want to make girly things!

Elaine said...

This is such a great idea!!!! I may have to try this... My SIL is pregnant and due next month so I think this would be such a great gift for her baby!

Cassidy said...

Thanks for posting this- so helpful!

Love your blog,
Cassidy

Anonymous said...

I love this...I think I'll make some using old thigh highs for my big-headed 4 year old, lol! I'll just have to make sure to remember to cut the lace off, haha.

http://mappergirlio.blogspot.com/