11.09.2010

10 minute blog header tutorial

like my new header?? i really liked my old one but needed a change for fall. want to know how to make a super duper easy 10 minute blog header too?

here are the 9 easy steps to having your own cutomized blog header-
* join picnik if you don't already have an account

* upload pictures. for my banner i googled "retro wallpaper" and this is what came up. if you want a plain and simple header without graphics you can do that too.

* once you have your photos uploaded go to the collage tab, pick the 4 horizontal squares layout. you can keep it the same size or re size it to fit your blog. for my blog layout ( minima lefty stretch) the way it is already set up is the perfect size.

*drag the spacing all the way to the left ( if you want it to look like one long banner) if you want it to be a collage you can play around with the spacing until you like what you see.

* your pictures should be in the bottom left corner. drag them to your collage. you can fill them all with the same picture, different pictures or leave some blank.

* if you want a different color click on the small box next to the spacing tab. you will be able to pick any color you want.

*when you are happy with the way it looks click done ( upper right hand corner)

* from there you go to the create tab. add text, add stickers, you can even draw a picture!

* save and use as your new header. it should be the right size for a header too. easy peasy.




here are some other ones i have made... hope that helps someone out! if you have any questions i'll try to help. i'm not a tech person at all and i figured this out all on my own. if i can do it so can you!

linking: be different act normal, tatertots and jello,  a little lovely, my repurposed life

8 comments:

eye_on_sparrow said...

Thanks for this tute I may be able to figure this out.

concretenprimroses said...

Thanks. You make it seem easy.
I didn't know about picnic either.
Kathy

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I love the new header! The background is so fun. I was just thinking about changing mine up a bit to make it more warm and cozy less springy-summery.
Loves!

Ruth said...

Thanks! I made a new header for my blog just now!!! It's not quite centered, but I'm leaving it. I've been wanting one like this for a long time, but didn't know how to make a collage. Maybe next time I change it, I can get it perfect.

Lorie said...

Great tips!!

Mykl said...

Thanks for this tutorial. I just started blogging last week and am not at all "techie." I made a new header and think with a little practice I could end up with one I really like. Maybe next I will take on a collage...I love the look of those!

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I did it too! Thanks for the pointers, your tutorials saved me an hour or two of frustration... Have a great day!

Collette said...

Hi! I found your blog while searching for rosette instructions (yours were very helpful!). I love the look you have going on here, & I was actually trying to figure out how you made your header when I noticed the tutorial in your sidebar. Thank you for generously sharing your methods & where you found your images...it really isn't easy finding/making well-designed graphics for free! :0) Have a great day!
~Collette