10.21.2009

the layton DI has finally proven itself to me! i was beginning to feel like that particular store wasn't worth my time ( but i love centerville) all that changed with this last trip. check out the loot. i cannot tell you how long i have been searching for a gaudy ornate mirror and today i found her. i didn't even grab a cart and my arms were already full, but you better believe i snatched her heavy arss up asap and proceeded to tote her around with me. check out the pillow too, does is look anthro-ish or straight up old lady? i think my old lady decorating twin must have passed away or something because i feel all these items came from the same house. whoever you are old lady i love you... and mostly i love your stuff that your family gave away because they were to dumb to realize how lovely it was.

pretty sheet destined to become a skirt...


stay tuned for the after pictures.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I don't get to the Layton DI very often, but I found an awesome mirror there once too. Cute stuff!

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

That mirror is fabulous!

Kem said...

Love it all. I am so jealous that I didn't find these great finds. I geuss I'll have to give the Layton DI one more try and hope that my own old lady twin will leave lots to me and mine

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, that's my neck of the woods. I've only been to that DI a couple times, and to the Centerville one, um, never, so I'm going to have to try them both!

Erin said...

i WANT that mirror. i have been on the look out for one for the longest time but have had no luck. :(

Katie said...

Oh my GAWD, what a score! And, yes, the pillow is very Anthropologie. Love it all!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

ScOre! Wow! I am dying over that pillow! I love it! What a lucky day you had. Isn't thrifting fun/addictive?!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

SCORE!!! That pillow rocks and I too have been searching for a guady old mirror. I want to put it up in my bathroom. Someday, it will happen. I can't wait to see the afters!

Heather G. said...

I'm so glad you reminded me of your blog. It's awesome! I'm a total DI treasure hunter and Im very very jealous/impressed. The pillow/needlepoint are total anthro and I think you know my fetish for ornamental frames and mirrors!!! I'm putting your blog at the top of my read list.