12.17.2010

my review:: jillian micheals 6 week 6 pack


as you may or may not know i am a huge fan of the jillian work out dvds. they are awesome, fast paced and hard ( come on, look at her!) like really hard. if you are short on time you must try the 30 day shred. it is composed of three 25 minute levels that get progressively harder. level 3 is crazy!

i'm going to tell you a secret. i freaking hate ab work. i loathe crunches and pretty much any core exercise ( except for the plank hold. that i hate but love) but i also have a gross mom tummy. yep, three kids and not much ab work will do that to you! 

when i saw that jillian was coming out with an ab video i hoped that it would force me to work my abs out but not get bored.

let me tell you this... it was not boring at all! in fact it was really fun. no , really. an ab video fun! it was pretty fast paced with no breaks. i was constantly moving from laying on my back, to stomach, to plank, then standing. the exercises were tough! there were some familiar moves and some i had never done before. what i liked about this and every other jillian video is the interval training. in this one we did one really long set and then repeated it for a second time. i am so sore today it hurts to laugh or cough. and oddly enough i am sore in other places like my booty and my always lovely love handles.

i hope jillian continues to pump out these awesome videos because for less than $10 and under 45 minutes you cannot find a better workout.



7 comments:

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

I love her videos too. I have the 30day shred and you are right about level 3. I also tried someting she had on excercise tv this morning and just loved it. I may need to look into this dvd next.

Stephanie said...

Just added this to my wish list, along with a couple of her other dvds. Need to start working out :) Thank you!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Love Jillian! Hate that I'm not actually working out. Must. Do. That.

Kem said...

Love to hate Jillian. She kicks your butt in every workout. Thanks for the review, I think that I'll ask Dear old Santa for this.

Marie said...

I also bought this for 10.00. I so cant wait to try it out.

Anastasia said...

I LOVED this dvd! I did it for the first time last night and did a search to see what other people thought of it and that's how I found your site :] I'm really feeling it in my back this morning which I wasn't expecting!

I usually hate ab work too, but this was really different. Thanks for the review :]

swell.life said...

Just discovered your blog and I am so in love! All of your crafty tutorials are oh-so-inspiring. Thanks for all the eye candy around here. Happy 2011!