12.01.2010

Help me pick my wallpaper!!

I have lived in my house for 3 years. and for 3 years i have been wanting to redo some things. well all of a sudden i have the go ahead. we have a little extra money now thanks to my awesome grandma and a sweet part time job cleaning her house. i want to paper a wall that covers my tiny dining room and into my back wall of the kitchen above my cabinets. can you help me decide which direction i want to go?

either-
A. keep the room light and cohesive with this creamy wallpaper. the ceiling and walls are cream and the floor is a light wood color. i love it because it keeps things light and warm.you have to click on the pictures to see a close up {nevermind i did it for you!} so very pretty right? almost like a doiley.




B. make a statement with this bold gray paper? i love it because i think it will anchor the room and make a statement! i am also loving gray right now. i am a bit worried that the dark will add to my lovely seasonal depression but since everything else is light i'm thinking it won't.


help me out! which one do you like best?

10 comments:

Holly C. said...

The first one-the creamy one is my vote!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I still have the knee jerk reaction to loving the gray one. However, the other paper is very pretty with all of it's detail. Two things that I would think about: #1: The overall color that the light one brings is blue. I think it would look smashing with the gray cupboards. I think that gray cupboards will give you that grounding feeling too. You could even do simple gray curtains in the dining room. #2: The new wallcolor is a yellow cream. Do you care if the background matches? Looking at the paper on my screen, it's much creamier white then creamy yellow.

Sooooo....one novel later, I'm now on the light paper side!! I'M SO SUPER EXCITED!!

PeggMackoDesigns said...

I like the lighter paper. It will keep your room bright and you'll still have lots of options.

Ginnie said...

Choice "A" my friend.

Rustic Barnyard said...

I love the first one!

Peggy said...

I say Pick A. You will be able to live with that longer and a kitchen should be bright and happy.

Amnah said...

I love the first one.

Anonymous said...

Oh! They are both gorgeous! But I prefer the lightness of the first one. If the pattern of the second (darker) one is available in fabric, you could use it for making napkins and place mats!

The Falkers said...

A. Love it!

The Falkers said...

A. LOVE it! :-) Oh, and I need you to teach me about cooking with all that awesome stuff you were talking about - I was amazed all of the stuff I have never heard of! You are awesome!!