3.12.2008

The best potatoe soup ever...

image via allrecipes.com

My grannie and i have much in common. we both love to cook and find new recipes. last week grannie sent me this recipe for cheesy corn and potato chowder from allrecipes. i must admit that at first i was skeptical, i thought this can't be that good ( even though it had rave reviews on allrecipes.com) oh how wrong i was... granny and grandpa made it and had the whole family over for dinner. it was yummy and filling. we had it in bread bowls and topped it with bacon and green onions. yummy, now go make some for dinner.


Cheesy potato and corn chowder

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
1 (2.5 ounce) package country style gravy mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded Mexican-style velveeta

DIRECTIONS
In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
Stir in corn and chiles; return to boiling. Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Merilee said...

Mmm..I am going to try that recipe. I am always looking for new ones.

I would love to go to the Zoo next week! My boys are both really sick, but I am hoping they will be better by then. Let me know when..I will try to make sure I answer my phone this time! ;)

kelly said...

yum yum yum! i love potatoe soup.