3.19.2010

spicy chicken peanut noodles

you have got to try this recipe! i got it from my husbands cousin rose, she got it from tasty kitchen, a recipe collection from the pioneer woman that i hadn't heard of before but looks amazing. thanks rose, it is my new favorite. i love it so much i plan on making it for my church relief society class that i get to teach next month.
Spicy Chicken Peanut Noodles
Ingredients -
* 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb. raw/peeled/cleaned shrimp
* 8 oz. dry spaghetti or linguine
* 1/4 cups dry roasted peanuts
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
For Marinade

* 1 T Soy sauce
* 1 T Brown sugar
* 1 T Peanut oil ( i used sesame)
* 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
For Peanut Sauce ( i took the advice of rose and 2x it)
* 1/2 c. Chicken broth
* 1/4 c. Creamy peanut butter
* 2 T Brown sugar
* 2 T Rice Vinegar
* 2 T Fresh Lime Juice
* 1 T Soy Sauce
* 1 T Fresh Ginger, minced
* 1 T Chili Garlic sauce
* 1/2 c. Fresh cilantro
For Cucumber Sambal (again, I doubled it. So good!)
* 1 c. cucumber (seed and dice if you don't use english cucs)
* 1/2 c. Scallions
* 1/4 c. Red bell pepper, diced
* 3 T Rice Vinegar
* 1 T Sugar
* 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/2 T Kosher salt

Preparation Instructions Don't be scared by the long list of ingredients. This meal is really easy to throw together. First, preheat grill to medium-high. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Toss with chicken and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from grill pan, and tent with foil while preparing the other ingredients.
Prepare the cucumber sambal by tossing together the sambal ingredients. Set aside till serving.
Cook the pasta according to pkg.
directions; drain and return to the pot. Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce. Heat broth, peanut butter, brown sugar, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and chili garlic sauce in a saucepan over medium heat to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Off heat, stir cilantro and salt, then pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat.
Top each chicken breast with pasta and cucumber sambal.
Garnish with more fresh cilantro and peanuts.

4 comments:

R3 Method Show said...

I bet that cucumber sambal would be a great addition to a few other meals as well. Thanks!

Merilee said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so yummy! Definitly putting it on my list of new recipes to try!

Kika said...

This looks delish! I will definitely be trying this. I bet my boys will love those noodles!

Amy said...

I love this recipe too! Thanks for leaving a message on Frosted, now I found your fun blog! And thanks for the BFL tip, I am going to go check it out. I need all the help!